Headquartered in San Jose, California, Valley Water manages an integrated water resources system that includes the supply of clean, safe water, flood protection and stewardship of streams on behalf of Santa Clara County's 2 million residents. The district manages 10 dams and surface water reservoirs, three water treatment plants, an advanced recycled water purification center, a state-of-the-art water quality laboratory, nearly 400 acres of groundwater recharge ponds and more than 275 miles of streams.
We provide wholesale water and groundwater management services to local municipalities and private water retailers who deliver drinking water directly to homes and businesses in Santa Clara County.
Governed by a seven-member elected Board of Directors, Valley Water is a special district chartered by the State of California, with a current operating and capital budget of $523 million, and a staff of more than 850 full-time employees.
The Information Systems Analyst II (ISA II) will develop web applications, support and enhance existing custom applications using Oracle Application Express (Oracle APEX), PL/SQL, and Web Services. The candidate will work with a diverse group of users to troubleshoot and resolve production issues. Responsibilities include documenting system builds and application configurations as needed. The ISA II will also be assigned to manage enterprise content management and/or customer relationship management applications. Additional responsibilities may include supporting Valley Water's websites and web forms in Drupal.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform a variety of professional level duties in the program development, software installation, system integration, documentation, testing, and maintenance of business systems and database applications in Oracle.
· Provide consultation, technical support, and advice on project direction and feasibility; provide analysis and recommendations for modifying procedures, developing technical strategies, and workable solutions that meet the business need.
· Monitor, administer, and troubleshoot the operation of employee and public Content Management Systems (CMS) ensuring the websites are working properly and available to District employees and the public; maintain web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis on web servers; maintain system accounts and provide relevant access to users; install CMS modules designed to perform functions required by user; troubleshoot website problems and deficiencies.
· Provide end user training for various software.
· Manage internet and intranet servers; conduct server maintenance functions; build and implement web-enabled database applications; develop and maintain systems documentation.
· Support enterprise content management and/or customer relationship management system.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
· Three (3) years of business systems, webmaster, and/or software development and analysis experience.
· The ideal candidate will have good experience in PL/SQL, complex SQL, Drupal, a solid background of Oracle in Windows and Linux, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a passion for technology and drive for success.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of coding, troubleshooting, toning, and maintaining Oracle applications using Oracle APEX and PL/SQL.
· Previous experience with designing, testing, implementing and maintaining internet and intranet web sites and related applications.
· Experience in supporting enterprise content management and/or customer relationship management system.
· Methods and techniques of application development, design, and programming.
· Principles and procedures of quality assurance and security related to computer, and information systems.
· A variety of programming techniques related to business systems, GIS and integrated database management applications.
· Operational characteristics and capabilities of database management systems.
· Principles and practices of computer programming.
· Principles of database management.
· Standard graphics mark-up languages, programming languages and tools related to Internet systems.
· Operational characteristics of a variety of computer platforms and operating systems.
· Methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of information system applications.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District, now known as Valley Water, offers a comprehensive benefit package including, vacation, holidays, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, EAP, life and disability insurance. In addition, Valley Water participates in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). To view a summary of benefits, click here
. The salary range for the Information Systems Analyst II is $8,552.27 - $10,946.00
monthly, depending on qualifications.
The deadline to apply for this position is Wednesday, April 22, 2020.