GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 250 million text messages (ThruText) and make more than 100 million phone calls (ThruTalk) for event recruitment, voter and volunteer engagement, fundraising, polling, and more. We are an all-remote company with 32 full time staff spread across 14 states. We have a once yearly all staff retreat, and hold semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
The VP of Engineering will instill the structure and processes necessary to build high quality software while maintaining the flexibility needed for a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial enterprise. In addition to managing our Software Development Life Cycle, maintenance schedules, and optimization efforts, the VP of Engineering will work closely with the product and design teams to guide and implement product decisions. The VP of Engineering will be a part of the company’s Leadership Team and will report directly to the CEO.
Skills and responsibilities
- Oversee our technology operation including planning, tasking, process improvements, and release management.
- Lead and mentor GetThru’s 13 person engineering and devops/security teams, facilitating professional development, recruiting new team members, and overseeing annual reviews.
- Work with the engineering team to set and meet deadlines, increasing production velocity without sacrificing stability.
- Collaborate with the Head of Product to develop and maintain technology and product roadmaps, ensuring that key concerns of the engineering team are incorporated into the product development process.
- Work with the VP of Sales + Success and the CEO to understand business requirements and communicate to the engineering team how individual work facilitates end goals.
- Represent the engineering team to large customers.
- This job is remote friendly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading engineering at an established software-as-a-service company.
- Experience managing and optimizing a cloud-based environment
- Experience managing engineers (i.e., supervision, mentorship, supporting professional development).
- Experience managing a department (i.e., goal setting, metrics, meeting facilitation, managing budgets)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially meeting facilitation and process documentation.
- Experience driving successful software delivery and operations with an all-remote domestic team.
- Ability to anticipate and react quickly to changing development needs and requirements.
- Ability to summarize issues, business impact and strategy to non-technical audiences.
- A commitment to / interest in progressive causes