The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world by serving as an educator, leader, spokesperson and professional association. In addition to organizing membership activities, AAAS publishes the journal Science, as well as many scientific newsletters, books, and reports, and spearheads programs that raise the bar of understanding for science worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Programmer Analyst to join our AppDev team! Reporting to the Lead Programmer Analyst, you will help design and build web-based apps and web services, both local and cloud-hosted to support our interactions with the science community.
We are seeking a collaborative team member who is well versed in object-oriented programming, has a few favorite patterns and frameworks, and is on the lookout for better ways to implement features.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Write Software!
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to customer ship to maintenance
- Build new or enhance existing line-of-business apps and features – meeting our customer's needs and providing a great user experience
- Continually seek to improve both quality of software products and efficiency of development processes.
- Extensive university or college level training leading to a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least five years software programming experience with Java, C#, .NET, or related object-oriented language.
- A proven ability and demonstrated experience developing and deploying web applications for the enterprise.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, meet multiple deadlines
- Having authored a public web site/module/Minecraft extension or an app on App Store (iTunes, Google Play, Windows, etc.) is a plus
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by March 27, 2020. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.