The Mayor's Office for Economic Opportunity works to reduce poverty and broaden opportunity by advancing the use of data and evidence in program and policy design, service delivery, and budget decisions.
The Product team conducts user research, creates user experience, and works closely with the internal and vendor technology teams to prototype, develop, and maintain evolving digital tools.
A product management fellowship or apprenticeship with our team is an opportunity to grow your expertise in product development and management, design, digital services, and public policy, and help improve the lives of millions of New Yorkers. Projects will focus on the delivery, on-going success, and continuous improvement of the City’s digital products and services.
- Fellowships and Apprenticeships are paid positions starting sometime in April 2020 for three to five days per week.
- Apprenticeships are four-month commitments and fellowships run for six months.
Skills and responsibilities
Based on your skills and interests, responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to product strategy and success metrics, including crafting product goals, monthly analytics, roadmaps, and more.
- Assist with vendor and stakeholder management.
- Assist in product development sprints —working to assure sprint items are delivering value and to specification.
- Participate in the development and execution of quality assurance (QA) testing of products.
- Assist in defining feature and functionality requirements.
- Participate in user research and synthesis.
- Assist in the creation of prototypes, design assets, and project documentation.
- Collaborate in the creation of product development and management documents, including roadmaps, project briefs, and user stories.
Fellowships and apprenticeships are open to current college or graduate students and recent graduates with an interest in these disciplines: product management and development, civic tech, public policy, and social impact.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to provide sponsorship to fellows.