At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. We are on the cutting edge of research and technology, have challenged the status quo nationally, and have become a groundbreaker in the field of criminal justice performance measurement.
● Work with the CEO, leadership team, and Board of Directors to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive development strategy with multiple revenue streams.
● Build and execute a strategy to engage individuals with the organization as donors and as advocates to advance the mission.
● Capitalize on available opportunities and sustain the projected organizational growth, in close collaboration with CEO and COO.
● Establish fundraising targets and identify additional revenue streams to ensure revenue goals are met.
● Partner with the CEO to align development goals and vision with the organization’s strategic priorities.
● Oversee all department activities related to the operational and ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts.
● Partner with the COO and Director of Communications to create materials that support fundraising needs, including externally-appropriate budgets.
● Support CEO and COO in Board of Directors engagement in fundraising.
● Assist with all grant and proposal writing.
● Live by and lead through our cultural code and core values, including Respect, Transparency, Rigor, and Excellence.
● 7 - 10 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
● The ideal candidate will be a natural relationship-builder and a staunch advocate for justice.
● Strategic planning expert and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage fundraising programs and strategies.
● Ability to close large gifts to an organization, especially over $25,000 from individuals and 6 and 7 figure institutional gifts.
● Expertise or knowledge in major gifts and mid-level individual donor programs.
● Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue generation plans.
● Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels.
● Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively while working under multiple deadlines.
● Previous experience with Salesforce or similar donor CRM.
MFJ is committed to equality and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a casual work environment. Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Director of Development
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Salary ranges available upon request.
It is the policy of Measures for Justice to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Measures for Justice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.