At Quest for Justice, we are empowering ordinary people with technology to be their own hero in the pursuit of civil justice. Our mission is to develop an end-to-end solution for self-represented litigants in civil courts, allowing them to manage their case and to work with litigation support service providers throughout the entire process. The solution helps ordinary people manage all the information, documents, and steps to resolve a dispute.
This job will be entirely remote and you can work from home or from a co-working location.
We are looking for a front-end software engineer to help kick start a new development team. As a front-end software engineer, you will be combining both visual design and programming to create optimal user experiences. You will be working closely with the UI/UX designer to create user friendly, intuitive, and practical interfaces, actively defining how the application should work as well as how it looks. You will be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle from planning to deployment, ensuring that a quality product is delivered and provides value to its end users.
Skills and responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain the structure and design of the web and mobile pages within the application, optimizing for speed and scalability
- Develop new user-facing features and the visual elements that users interact with in the web-based application and mobile platform
- Design and maintain reusable code and library for future user to ensure consistency across the suite
- Work closely with back-end developers and UI/UX designers to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX design mockups
- Ensure responsiveness of web pages so that they can be optimized for all platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Always stay consistent with branding guidelines for all web element and page designs
- Implement intuitive front-end validation for user input prior to data going to the backend
- Continuously stay up to date on latest emerging technology
- This job is remote friendly.
- 3 years of proven work experience as a front-end developer both developing and testing web-based applications
- Working experience with React and React Native, or experience with building hybrid apps
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with other developers, UI/UX designers, and QAs
- You must be introspective
- You must be motivated by values, particularly those related to right and wrong such as justice