The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is the world's central intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical co-operation in the nuclear field. It works for the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology, contributing to international peace and security and the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
Within the IAEA's Department of Safeguards, the User Support Section is responsible for ensuring that the Department of Safeguards has high quality computer services 24 hours a day, by providing ICT support to end users at the IAEA's Headquarters, Regional Offices, and remote safeguards sites, as well as to inspectors in the field. The Section supports and manages users' ICT equipment centrally, enforces electronic security measures, safeguards IAEA data by implementing data encryption, provides the necessary electronic tools to satisfy the Department's information security requirements and quality customer support, and controls the life cycle of hardware and software
A member of the Desktop Engineering Team, the IT Systems Engineer will collaborate extensively with users, business analysts, application developers, project managers, Service Desk staff and infrastructure system engineers on matters related to usability and security of applications and systems pertaining to the Safeguards IT environment. He/she collaborates with Office of Information and Communication Systems staff to clarify issues and implement solutions for the end user computing environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing the end user computing environment in the Department of Safeguards, covering hardware, software, security and deployment technologies, and associated policies and standards. He/she will also contribute to the implementation of IT projects related to the usability and security of the end user computing environment. Specifically:
- Desktop engineering: implement, deploy, and manage user-friendly solutions for the end-user computing environment; contribute to the development of systems that adhere to the IT standards and policies; deploy software packages, updates, and fixes to the end-user computing environment in a secure, efficient and user-friendly manner; test and deploy software updates and fixes.
- Information security: contribute as a key player to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Safeguards relevant information by proposing and developing appropriate desktop measures and operational support options.
- Problem solving: investigate and resolve IT problems; work with vendors on technical matters to prevent problems and optimize problem solving.
- Planning and project management: identify, investigate, and advise on emerging technologies and products, and assess their suitability of use within the overall IT strategy.
- Communication: consult with and take direction from managers regarding work priorities and deliverables; listen to customers, end users, and business analysts to understand requirements; produce oral and written reports, presenting complex technical matters in clear terms tailored to specific audiences
Upton,NYJob assignment is in VIENNA, AUSTRIA
$67,000.00-$89,000.00yearly, As an international organization, salaries are non-taxable. U.S. citizens and residents receive reimbursement of any U.S. income taxes. Other benefits include: fully paid relocation, installation grant, rental subsidy, 6 weeks of vacation, fully paid repatriation
- University degree (bachelor's) in computer science, IT or a related field.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Experience configuring and managing automated software deployment systems, such as SCCM.
- Demonstrated experience of Desktop operating systems and security, access and configuration management tools.
- Good understanding of principles, practices & technologies related to the end-user computing, including Public Key Infrastructure
- Knowledge of ITIL service management and PRINCE2 project management or similar methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of secure and user-friendly computing environment design and operation