The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services. In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
The Senior Telecommunications Technologist is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation and management of all networks and related client services and systems. Has leading responsibility for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to core services such as data, voice and video networks.
Possess experience in enabling and supporting automation of the deployment, provisioning, and maintenance of network and security devices and their policies.
• Possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with network security devices such as firewalls and web content filters.
• Possess a minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience in enterprise environments.
• Possess a minimum of five (5) years advanced experience with system hardware including servers and switches.
• Possess a minimum of five (5) years advanced problem resolution, communication and writing skills.
• Possess a minimum of five (5) years' experience working with and managing Cisco Catalyst series equipment and operating system.
• Posses a minimum of (5) years’ experience working with Juniper JUNOS operating system and layer 3 network equipment.