Rubicon Global is North America’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions to businesses and governments. Our SaaS product, RUBICONSmartCity(™), powers waste and recycling operations in dozens of cities and helps cities gain community insights that lead to better quality of life.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrate the capacity to achieve a deep technical understanding of Rubicon’s technology. As the face of our technology to customers and potential customers, the successful candidate must showcase both a customer mindset as well as technical expertise. This role will engage directly in technical, day-to-day customer activities like sales demos, answering product questions, and helping our team and our customers derive maximum value from RUBICONSmartCity. This role will also work intimately with Rubicon’s Product team, understanding the product development roadmap, and be able to translate that roadmap into language that can be understood by customers and potential customers.
Flexibility, technology-savvy, commercial awareness, and a passion for cities are important attributes. The role is an opportunity to be based at Rubicon’s fast-growing New York City office. Only candidates based in the NYC area or willing to relocate to NYC should apply.
Skills and responsibilities
When applying, please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and why you would be a good fit for this role.
- Develop a mastery of our product suite, including the ability to answer technical questions from customers in real-time.
- Deliver detailed technical demonstrations of our product, in-person and via webinar, to customers around the US, and around the world.
- Support our Partnerships Development team as they pursue revenue goals.
- Support and partner with our Product Development team by communicating customer feedback, contributing product ideas, and staying up to date on product enhancements, bug fixes, and the overall product roadmap.
- Provide feedback from customers and post-sales support where necessary.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Conduct analysis on our product’s usage to support strategic goals and ad-hoc requests from customers.
- Travel 25 - 50% of time to meet customers and demonstrate our products.
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field, business, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4+ years work experience required.
- Previous roles in product or application development, sales, or technical sales support, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Passion for cities.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Experience with data analysis, including business intelligence software (e.g. PowerBI).
- Fluency in English.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
- Experience in customer support is a plus.