Voterly is the only app you need to navigate the political landscape quickly and easily. It’s the most comprehensive database of over 150,000 politicians— with profiles that summarize track records, campaign finance, career history, contact details and more. Voterly takes the guesswork out of voting by centralizing your state’s upcoming elections, deadlines and requirements into a single voter information hub— where you can also manage your voter registration status.
An early-stage startup building technology solutions that reduce voting barriers and strengthen American democracy. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity.
We are looking for a passionate political data coordinator to contribute to and help maintain Voterly, America’s most comprehensive political database. This individual will collect and organize data, and research various political subjects including legislation, campaign finance, elections, policy, government systems, issues, trends and more.
Why work at Vidaloop?
- Make an impact through cutting-edge civic technology
- Grow with an early stage startup
- Flexible schedule (25-40 hours per week)
Skills and responsibilities
What You’ll Do
- Collect data from sources such as government databases, political organizations, public opinion surveys, and election results
- Perform data entry and other clerical work as required to maintain and enhance Voterly’s political database
- Present research by writing unbiased reports and giving presentations
- Work closely with the development team to implement new features
- Assist the marketing team with social media and blog/copywriting
- Follow current political events to serve as the team’s political expert
- Salary: , Part or full-time opportunities available. Compensation based on experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- B.A. / B.S. in political studies or related field (or comparable work experience)
- Current knowledge of political events and systems
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Business Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Proficiency in English
- Work experience in civic tech space or political campaigns
- Social media and/or marketing background
- Thrive in early-stage startup environment