Ad Hoc is a software design and engineering company that came out of the successful effort to rescue HealthCare.gov after its disastrous initial launch.
Ad Hoc is focused on developing, delivering, and operating fast, stable, and well-designed digital services on behalf of U.S. government clients. Our work enables agencies to provide transactional and informational services to their users. We bring technologists together to collaborate closely with government partners, crafting solutions and delivering software that works.
We are looking for a Designer with experience in creating well-crafted user centered products. You will be a co-equal partner on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services.
You'll work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into good design. Your work will impact the lives of millions of people.
Skills and responsibilities
What you'll deliverDesign work
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and rough prototypes
- UX flows
- High fidelity prototypes
What you're proficient inStakeholder engagement
Presenting work to others
- Comfort with design tools
- Fluency with basic design concepts
Collaboration with others
- Collaboration with engineering team on design solution
- Basic understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
Delivering on the full lifecycle of the problem
Receiving mentorship from others
- Aligning discovery processes with goals
- Ability to provide UI-level critique on other designers' design work
Systems level thinking
- Able to work within an existing design system
What you’ll Influence
Ad Hoc programs
- Your assigned work
- Project teammates
- This job is remote friendly.
Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
Our Federal contracts require that you must do all work within the U.S.