At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna’s dedicated Government Security and Infrastructure Engineering team provides the underlying cloud infrastructure for the Government Services product teams. They are responsible for creating and maintaining the continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for our government services projects. They ensure that our engineers and data scientists are empowered and effective by providing them with safe prototyping environments, review tooling/CI, and security engineering support. The goal is to bring the government projects ever closer to continuous deployment ideals while ensuring the developer team is well supported, productive and largely able to self-serve for most of their needs. The team thrives in an agile, creative, and collaborative engineering environment.
You will inspire, lead, and grow the team, collaborating with the Government Services product teams, our contracting partners, and representatives from the Federal Government to build systems that enable data scientists, analysts, and policymakers to understand healthcare data while ensuring its integrity, resiliency, security, and privacy. This work is critical to our mission of making quality healthcare more affordable and accessible to everyone.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Lead, manage, and build an agile, high-impact team that provides timely and efficient security and infrastructure support across all of Nuna’s government projects.
- Collaborate with other internal teams and external partners to understand, forecast, plan, and fulfill current and future security and infrastructure needs based on known requirements and industry trends.
- Translate business strategy and objectives into tactical work, setting technical direction and priority in cooperation with your team lead(s).
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the team, including work planning, tracking, reporting, and communication to stakeholders.
- Foster team culture and shepherd employee professional and personal growth, providing mentorship and cultivating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, inclusivity, and accountability.
- Encourage development of solutions that follow Nuna engineering standards and promote industry best practices such as automation, testing, and continuous integration, security engineering, and continuous deployment.
- Provide input on security and infrastructure aspects of technical scope, implementation, and resource planning for future government contract proposals.
Skills and responsibilities
- A proven technical background in security and/or infrastructure/systems engineering and one or more years of experience leading an engineering/operational team.
- A dedication to building a supportive culture of inclusiveness and empowerment that inspires excellence in every individual.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable you to collaborate with others and generate shared understanding and agreement.
- Systems thinking that enables you to research and clarify ambiguity, identify and reduce risk, make data-driven decisions, act with autonomy, and teach others these same skills.
- A track record of successfully managing projects using an agile development model.
- Experience working with external stakeholders and customers.
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Deadline: n/a
Experience with federal healthcare, privacy, compliance, and security regulations (i.e., HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, SOC2, FedRAMP, ARS, NIST, etc).