At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 2 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Building on the foundation of Fresh EBT as a trusted brand and tool, we are currently expanding further into the financial services space, creating a new banking product that helps our users improve their financial health and gain control over their financial lives.
Our Product Manager, Financial Products will report directly to the COO and join a small but mighty team of engineers and designers working to build the best debit option for low-income Americans.
On a daily basis, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers, designers, data analysts, and others to create, execute, and drive the success of our new debit account. Each day you'll face new and exciting challenges inline with releasing a brand new product.
Skills and responsibilities
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our engineering and design teams to deliver a world-class consumer app that reaches millions
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Combine research outputs, market analysis, and user feedback into product requirements
- Be comfortable getting your hands dirty creating prototypes, building QA plans and release checklists, talking to users, and analyzing data
- Own key metrics for our new product, evaluating usability, customer interest, and engagement; A/B test optimizations and ship what works
$95,000.00-$115,000.00yearly, Additional equity and full benefits provided.
- Deadline: n/a
What you have:
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience working with designers and engineers to iterate on a live consumer product and improve metrics at scale
- Ability to get deep into technical problems, owning investigations and bug fixes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel's mission of building modern, effective, and respectful financial tools for low-income Americans
- Some software development experience (whether as a software engineer, computer science major, creator of side projects, or otherwise) is preferred