Pro Bono Net is recruiting for a Program Coordinator to join our diverse team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to expand access to justice. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit that brings the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations. As a member of our State and National Justice Communities team, you will coordinate, support and grow projects and partnerships that help thousands of people each year solve life-changing legal issues, and that strengthen the work of advocates serving them. We are looking for a motivated, collaborative and versatile team member who loves learning and is excited to work on cross-functional teams.
This is a full-time position based in New York City. To learn more about our programs and partners, visit https://www.probono.net/our-work.
Project and Relationship Management
- Manage partner relationships and project execution on a portfolio of initiatives that leverage Pro Bono Net’s digital platforms, tools and expertise fostering collaborations to increase access to justice
- Lead regular meetings with project partners, and track and communicate progress on key deliverables; help to cultivate and sustain partner relationships through project support, check-ins and sharing promising practices
- Coordinate with product and technology team members to ensure that user, partner, and program needs are met as projects evolve
- Support the testing, training and rollout process on the effective use of new tools
- Work with product and technology teams to track and resolve issues through our HelpDesk and ticketing systems, and to inform product improvement efforts
- Coordinate requirements-gathering from field partners and subject matter experts on the design of new tools and strategies
- Maintain a thorough understanding of product features and keep up to date on new features
- Coordinate the development of support documentation, toolkits and online content for key initiatives
Program Coordination and Capacity-Building
- Conduct demonstrations and trainings to help community partners learn about and adopt new tools and effective practices
- Support community outreach activities to share successful strategies internally and with the field at large through listservs, online roundtables, webinars and individual outreach
- Maintain reporting systems to document work with each partner in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist with new proposal development, grant tracking and reporting
- Track, analyze and report on metrics to guide program enhancements
- Provide input on product roadmaps to help ensure products are meeting programmatic goals and emerging needs
- Collaborate with other Pro Bono Net team members to identify, share and promote promising practices and awareness of Pro Bono Net’s digital tools and platforms
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive nonprofit salary and a generous benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, a flexible work environment and other perks. You can expect to work with a collaborative, hard-working team committed to making a positive impact in the world, and opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Coordinator in the subject heading. No calls or faxes please. Application deadline of January 5, 2020 but applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
Pro Bono Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or experience required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience; experience in related technology, legal, nonprofit or government sector strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects from planning through execution
- A high level of comfort with and interest in online tools such as content management systems and web-based apps
- Familiarity with principles of web development and user experience
- Experience with project/product management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello and/or Basecamp a plus
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to track and synthesize information in a clear and accessible manner
- A team player with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and adapt to achieve project results
- Excitement to understand, learn and guide the development of current and new systems
- Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector, public interest or social justice arena