Pro Bono Net is recruiting for a Director of Product Management to join our diverse team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to expand access to justice. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit that brings the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation’s leading civil legal organizations. The Director of Product Management will lead a product management team and help define product management for a set of digital tools and platforms that help millions of people each year solve life-changing legal issues and strengthen the work of advocates serving them.
The ideal candidate will have broad product, design, and business experience and thrive in a dynamic, mission-driven organization. You will be as comfortable working with developers as you are on-site building relationships with community partners and understanding user needs. Serving as a member of the senior management team, this position will also liaise with the CTO and senior technology staff on technology strategies, and support organization-wide management, strategy and resource development goals.
This is a full-time position based in New York City with excellent benefits, including 4 weeks of paid vacation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, a flexible work environment and other perks. To learn more about our programs and partners, visit https://www.probono.net/our-work.
Drive Market Alignment
- Work with program leads to match current and potential partners with the most appropriate PBN services, develop product pricing and positioning strategies, and evaluate new opportunities to pursue.
- Identify product and service requirements through community-centered requirements gathering and market research, conducted in conjunction with field partners, program staff and Technology Director
- Help identify and prioritize development of additional skill sets and expertise within the organization to meet community needs
Drive Product Strategy
- Work with program heads, product managers and the Technology Director to develop long-term product roadmaps, translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, and prioritize and manage competing needs for resources.
- Drive product goals and priorities, including setting the strategy between using internal and third-party products, considering feature deprecations where appropriate and planning and communicating product roadmaps.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology landscape, including frameworks, toolsets, accessibility and security standards of relevance to services in the non-profit and civic tech sectors.
- Work with the program leads and the CTO to manage the intake and staffing of new initiatives
Manage Product Releases and Evaluation
- Coordinate product launches, including working with program and partnership teams, and product management team members.
- Work with partner training and support teams to ensure that products are successful and adopted widely.
- Work with program heads to define and monitor product metrics and ensure quality and timely delivery on milestones and grant obligations.
- Incorporate use feedback, testing, usage analysis, and other business-driven metrics to guide product iteration.
- Mentor staff and resolve issues.
Act as Product Evangelist
- Create buy-in for the product and service vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Represent Pro Bono Net at conferences and events as needed, and provide thought leadership in key work groups and convening
Interested candidates should send an email with cover letter and resume to Jobs@probono.net. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in online or data centric product management
- Experience in the public interest, access to justice or civic technology field highly valued
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams and driving ownership
- Creativity and resourcefulness in identifying solutions to client needs
- Knowledge of application development life cycle; both waterfall and agile approaches (Scrum, Jira)
- Familiarity with common Web development technologies and in user-centered design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including summarizing complex technical discussions into plain language write ups for non-technical persons
- Positive and solution-oriented management style, with ability to thrive, manage change, and be resourceful in a dynamic environment with new challenges to solve