Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for an experienced People Operations Generalist to help drive this mission forward. The People Operations Generalist will be a part of the People Operations team, and will collaborate with both project leadership and technical teams.
This role will have a major impact on team support and efficiency so your contributions to administrative coordination is critical. You'll work with the Recruiting and People Operations team as well as Program Leadership to execute on a variety of administrative and coordination responsibilities including onboarding, access management, resource coordination, and tools & software needs. You care deeply about improving efficiency and impact but always keep your mind open to new approaches to problem solving.
You'll be contributing to people operations with projects to improve the operations and policies that support people as they join projects, ensuring they have the access and environments required to be successful. You'll set high standards for operations efficiency and follow-through, and incorporate feedback and input from the wider team.
Skills and responsibilities
- Assist the People Operations and Recruiting teams in onboarding new employees, training them on the working norms, tools, and policies of the company, and improving both the operations and policies that affect employee experience
- Apply a proactive and organized approach to project administration and coordination
- Support project compliance and employee needs including project onboarding, timekeeping, coordinating training, and enabling access to project tools & software
- Organize onboarding related meetings and managing calendars for project leadership’s project related training sessions
- Work with project leadership to communicate onboarding status with external stakeholders
- Perform additional administrative and IT support duties as required
- Collaborate with a bi-coastal team and contribute towards a consistent, efficient and culturally conscious team and policiesAssist in tracking project budgets and expenses
- Interview candidates as needed
- Deadline: n/a
- At least two years of experience handling administrative, operations, or HR related tasks for an organization
- Experience managing calendars and meeting coordination Experience with G Suite: Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Docs
- Experience serving as the point of contact for adding users
- Highly organized, resourceful, reliable, and detail-orientedAbility to work independently and autonomously within a distributed team while soliciting feedback when necessary
- Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short term vs. long term benefits
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with both the internal team and external vendors
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, curious, and positive mindset
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams
- Ability to align day to day decisions to a holistic strategy
- A proactive, service-oriented approach to identifying issues
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project administration and coordination in a technical professional services firm
- Government contract administration
- Experience with common IT tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc.
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.