This position provides front-line user support and serves as a primary contact for clients who experience service interruptions or seek assistance with information technology issues, products, services, and court applications. At this level, incumbents use in-depth knowledge of computer technology to provide support services to end-users or other technical support personnel in resolving user problems. This position reports to the IT Service Delivery and Operations Manager.
Skills and responsibilities
- Serves as the primary customer contact for all incoming and assigned service desk cases by providing telephone, web-based and in-person technical support;
- Provides tier one hardware and software (including, but not limited to, court application software, PC software, public access software) technical support to a variety of individuals;
- Answers routine technology questions as well as questions regarding court applications;
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, maintains, and documents hardware and software products;
- Implements and monitors personal computer standards and procedures;
- Identifies, evaluates, and corrects hardware, software, and operational problems;
- Coordinates hardware and software updates from vendors in partnership with team members;
- Provides technical guidance and one-to-one training to end-users regarding software applications;
- Learns new software applications and technologies through working directly with technical staff and/or customers, or through structured classroom or on-line training materials;
- Monitors problem/change activities and coordinates the involvement of staff, clients, and vendors to ensure effective implementation of new or enhanced systems or applications;
- Maintains service desk incident logs;
- Uses, updates and assists in the maintenance of the service desk incident tracking tool and the service desk knowledge base;
- Uses, updates and assists in the maintenance of the service desk knowledge base;
- Escalates complex issues and requests for assistance to second-tier or third-tier support personnel;
- Identifies, recommends, documents, and implements new processes to enhance support for end-users;
- Acquires, maintains and expands knowledge of relevant technology and applications to improve support;
- Advocates for all supported users including employees, public users, and vendors.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of higher education or an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- One year of experience installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and peripherals (scanners, printers, etc.) in a network and/or multi-platform environment as well as identifying, evaluating and resolving computer and system problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, and hardware malfunctions;
- Experience learning new business environments and application software strongly preferred;
- Experience with service desk software;
- Industry certification such as CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 or Windows 2008 based servers, to include experience with Windows Active Directory and policy management;
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7;
- Knowledge and experience Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 suites;
- Knowledge of basic network (wired and wireless) configuration and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of court processes and court information systems preferred;
- Skill in providing excellent customer service;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to understand impacts of software, system, or application changes on customers;
- Ability to handle a heavy support/call volume and prioritize based on customer needs and impacts.
- Special Requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of computer equipment;
- Valid driver’s license;
- From time-to-time this position may be required to travel throughout the state.
- The Judicial Branch reserves the right to consider an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience necessary to successfully perform the major duties and responsibilities of the position.