Founded in 1848, the American Association for the Advancement of Science is an international, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing science, engineering and innovation for the benefit of all people. With more than 120,000 individual members in more than 91 countries, AAAS is the world’s largest multidisciplinary scientific society and a leading publisher of cutting-edge research through the Science family of journals. As one of the top voices for science worldwide, we spearhead initiatives in policy, international cooperation and diplomacy, STEM education, public engagement, and more. We strive to promote and defend the integrity of science and its use, provide a voice for science on societal issues, and strengthen and diversify the science and technology workforce. More information is available at www.aaas.org.
AAAS has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Salesforce Administrator for our Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) program in Washington, DC.
You will work closely with the Associate Program Director and play an integral role in managing the entire development lifecycle of mission-critical technology solutions that support management, communications, marketing, and alumni relations systems. You have a natural curiosity about data & systems, enjoy solving complex challenges, embrace evolving organizational technological capabilities, and love all things data.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What you’ll do
- Supervise all aspects of the STPF Salesforce platform and other systems and websites reliant on data
- Lead project management activities: requirements definitions, research and identify new application/vendors, schedule development, task prioritization, documentation, testing & launch protocols, and managing client and vendor relationships
- Maintenance and development of Salesforce items in support of multiple function teams: including but not limited to report/dashboard generation, campaigns, opportunities, workflows, tasks, emails, third-party integrations and syncs (one-directional and bi-directional), etc.
- Responsible for ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and best practices via data entry, cleansing & normalization, bulk imports and de-duplication within programs’ systems
- Support the Associate Program Director in operational planning through resource allocation, Requests for Proposals, vendor evaluation, performance reports, technology strategies, and architecture roadmaps
- Lead business systems analysis and design; defining business processes, validating features, detecting problems, and generating ideas
- Provide data analysis and tool support to stakeholders
- Provide constituent support and help desk assistance
- Be primary liaison with AAAS IT
- Develops and maintains technical/how-to documentation and train staff in systems and operations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years related experience, with a demonstrated interest in analytics or information systems and management
- Hands-on experience as a Salesforce Administrator (experience with SF Nonprofit Success Pack a plus)
- Experience with technical support to a diverse user community
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including technical communication to a non-tech audience, both verbal and in writing
- Strong technical skills: analytical thought, troubleshooting, database search, strategic planning
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with dynamic tasking and shifting priorities
- Experience with web development, administration, and support, including Drupal, Pantheon and Google Analytics a plus
- Experience with building, designing, and managing web forms and surveys (FormAssembly preferred) a plus
- Experience with marketing automation systems (Marketo preferred) a plus
- Experience applying technology to nonprofit organizations is a plus
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by December 21, 2019. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.