You will be working on the end-to-end development of data access tracking systems, including:
- Implementing matching and linkage algorithms to identify file lineage.
- Developing a pipeline to process access logs.
- Developing a web-based dashboard to enable interactive querying and monitoring of access history and controls.
- Building a notification system to track access/use of data.
Skills and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the project team (including data scientists), government stakeholders, and other team members to build, deploy, monitor, and maintain systems.
- Spec out major units of functionality; plan timelines for implementing functionality.
- Implement new systems!
- Provide technical expertise in the form of code review, feedback on technical specs, and identifying new approaches, tools, and techniques.
Washington,DCCensus HQ is located in Suitland, MD on the DC Metro's green line
- Deadline: n/a
You are an experienced engineer who cares about developing systems that improve people’s lives. You have:
- Owned the end-to-end implementation of one or multiple systems
- Experience developing well-tested web applications for internal use
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including data scientists and designers, to implement proposed designs and algorithm methodologies into a performant and mission-critical production system.
- Data engineering
- Security engineering (especially federal government / FISMA security controls!)