At Measures for Justice (MFJ), our mission is to use data to measure and understand county-level criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide consistent, comparable, reliable, and objective performance measures across the entire criminal justice system, from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. You can learn more about our work here: www.measuresforjustice.org.
Measures for Justice seeks a Senior Web Developer to assist in our mission of delivering criminal justice measures to the public. In this role you will work with our product and technology teams to develop the next generation of our data portal and internal web-based tools.
- Building the next generation of our public facing web products.
- Building internal web-based data processing tools.
- Supporting and maintaining our existing products and tools.
- You are continually improving your craft and are eager to work with the latest technologies.
- You have strong design and critical thinking skills, with knowledge of web development best practices.
- You are creative with a strong sense of design your mastery of HTML5/CSS and frameworks such as LESS, SASS, Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Your programming skills are way above average, you’re admired by your peers and have had a continuous string of successful projects.
- You have prior professional experience working for a criminal justice agency is not required but it is prioritized.
- 5+ years professional web development experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
- We know that our employees are our most valuable asset. We provide top of the line equipment to help you get the job done.
- Our Rochester, NY, office space is close to all the things the city has to offer and is bike and bus accessible.
- We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a casual work environment.
- MFJ is committed to equality and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
- Our office is wheelchair accessible.
It is the policy of Measures for Justice to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Measures for Justice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to equity and inclusion and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If interested send email to firstname.lastname@example.org