Our organization co-designs data-driven tools for tenants, housing organizers, and legal advocates fighting displacement. By combining highly scalable web-based, mobile-friendly, and SMS tools and services with advanced housing data analysis, we aim to galvanize a 21st century tenant movement working for housing for all.
Read more about us: The New York Times | TechCrunch | New York Magazine | Fast Company | Business Insider | ABC 7 News | Forbes 30 Under 30
JustFix.nyc seeks a part-time Outreach and Training Associate to join us on our mission to build technology that serves working class New Yorkers.
The Outreach and Training Associate must have a passion for communicating out tenants rights and working in working-class communities and communities of color. Reporting to the Program Director, they will be responsible for ensuring that our tools are in every possible tenant-serving space in New York City. The idea candidate is a self-starter who enjoys facilitating collaborative trainings and being on-the-ground with tenants, housing justice nonprofits, and other strategic partners to support efforts to prevent displacement.
Skills and responsibilities
Trainings and Outreach Events
- Conduct trainings on JustFix products for partner organizations
- Represent JustFix at community events (tabling, registering tenant users, panel spots, etc.)
- Respond to general housing-related questions through our email inboxes, social media platforms, and Google Voice & TextIt inboxes
- Respond to tenants facing emergency situations and/or landlord retaliation with product recommendations from our suite, referrals to partner organizations, and/or other vetted action steps
- Ensure that all letters of complaint are accurately mailed and received via the USPS Certified Mailing tracking links
- Respond and redirect organizational questions in our email inboxes, social media platforms, and Google Voice & TextIt inboxes
- Immediately resolve technical issues in our product suite for our users
- Seek out, aggregate, and communicate feedback on JustFix tools from users to product team
- Salary: , Compensation is $23-28 per hour for 20-25 hours per week (part-time, non exempt). This position does not include any healthcare benefits. Our plant-friendly office is based in Chinatown in Lower Manhattan.
- Deadline: n/a
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Self-organization, efficiency and ability to meet deadlines
- Curiosity, flexibility, and ability to learn quickly
- Motivated by our mission
- Desire to build something that makes an impact
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- English and Spanish dominant (reading, writing, speaking)
- NYC-based (this is not a remote position)
- Interest in civic technology
- A passion for social justice and being a part of a larger movement fighting for safe, healthy, and affordable housing
- Experience in a startup environment (either an actual startup, or an entrepreneurial situation within a larger organization)
- Something in your personal story that draws you to what we're building