Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, public health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county.
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the public Medi-Cal managed care plan for San Francisco serving 135,000 Medi-Cal members. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator to support the SF Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco and the SF City Option.
Are you ready to use your program monitoring and evaluation skills to improve public health in San Francisco? We're looking for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Program Manager to help improve us understand and evaluate innovative health access programs for San Francisco’s underserved communities.
In this role, you'll be responsible for developing a monitoring and evaluation strategy, tools, and communications to support two public health access programs: SF City Option and Healthy San Francisco. You’ll work with program management, IT developers, analysts, and senior leadership to help staff at all levels better understand these programs, communicate our progress to funders, and make data-driven decisions.
Skills and responsibilities
What you will do:
- Review trends and analyze program effectiveness and outcomes. Present findings and prepare recommendations.
- Lead efforts on program monitoring and evaluation, with the purpose of supporting program management and program funders in making informed policy and operational decisions.
- Elicit information needs from diverse stakeholders, and develop report and dashboard requirements and mockups for program monitoring, evaluation, operations, and planning.
- Develop logic models, evaluation frameworks, and data collection strategies to support program monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead the development of program monitoring and evaluation indicators, in collaboration with program stakeholders and analysts.
- Identify gaps and redundancies in program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting practices, and design, lead, and prioritize projects and processes to address unmet needs.
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual operational and programmatic reporting for senior management and funders.
- Propose and implement strategies to improve data use and literacy among department management and staff.
- Suggest areas that would benefit from more in-depth analysis, and collaborate with business analysts to deliver analyses.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience, and 2-3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation or similar field; or bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation or similar field.
- Prior experience developing program monitoring and evaluation indicators and metrics.
- Prior experience developing evaluation frameworks.
- Prior experience in creating actionable management level reporting to support organizational initiatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders to infer their needs for data and reporting.
- Deeply collaborative and an excellent team player.
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity, and able to work in a highly dynamic setting.
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization software highly preferred.
- Curiosity and a drive to understand and clarify complex topics.