Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, public health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county.
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the public Medi-Cal managed care plan for San Francisco serving 135,000 Medi-Cal members. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator to support the SF Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco and the SF City Option.
The Coverage programs team works to fill in the gaps in the healthcare safety net and seeks to achieve universal healthcare coverage. This is an outstanding opportunity to use your UX and design skills to help under-served populations in San Francisco.
The User Experience Program Manager will support the development of products and services that support over 400,000 San Francisco residents and workers in two public programs: Healthy San Francisco, a health access program for low-income residents; and SF City Option, a financial benefit program for San Francisco workers. The UX Program Manager will play a key role in researching, analyzing, and communicating key user needs to program and product management teams, as well providing design support for key internal, business-to-business, and direct-to-consumer products.
Skills and responsibilities
- Design and execute user research, including 1-1 interviews, focus groups, concept testing, card sorting, surveys, etc.
- Design and execute usability studies on software and services.
- Recruit and schedule internal and external participants for research.
- Synthesize research findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable and impactful reports.
- Develop user journeys, process flows, and storyboards to illustrate key user interactions and identify areas for design improvement.
- Review existing quantitative data to inform research insights; collaborate with product and analytics teams to develop additional product metrics.
- In collaboration with product and program teams, develop personas for key users.
- In collaboration with management, develop standards for user research to be in compliance with applicable regulations and ethical standards.
- Develop, recruit, and manage user advisory groups.
- Work with the product and program teams to flush out product ideas into defined user experiences.
- Design prototypes such as mockups and wireframes to share with team members, stakeholders and users.
- Design information architecture plans and layouts for webpages and administrative software.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to ensure user experience designs are translated into software.
· Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
· Training in design, user experience, information studies, or human-computer interaction highly preferred.
· Minimum 2 years experience working in product design, service design, user experience, or user research.
· Proficiency with workflow mapping software, such as Microsoft Visio.
· Proficiency with design prototyping software such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Xd, or Balsamiq.
· Deep commitment to human-centered design of products, services, and web interfaces.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Strong sense of empathy and ability to connect with different types of users.
· Knowledge of information architecture, particularly as it pertains to enterprise and B2B software.
· Knowledge of interaction design.
· Deeply collaborative and an excellent team player.
· Resilience and comfort with ambiguity.