Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, public health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the under-served low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county.
San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the public Medi-Cal managed care plan for San Francisco serving 135,000 Medi-Cal members. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator to support the SF Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco and the SF City Option.
Our Policy and Coverage Programs team is a rapidly-growing partner with San Francisco City and County working to improve the impact and availability of healthcare services to those needing it most.
Are you ready to use your product skills to shape the landscape of public health in San Francisco? We're looking for the right individual to bring creative ideas and energy to improve technology in San Francisco’s public health system. Additionally, you'll get to shape one of the first Product Management teams in a public sector organization!
Based at the San Francisco Health Plan, a public Medicaid HMO, the Coverage programs team works to fill in the gaps in the healthcare safety net and seeks to achieve universal healthcare coverage.
The Coverage Programs product management team is responsible for oversight and development of software products that support over 400,000 San Francisco residents and workers in two public programs: Healthy San Francisco, a health access program for low-income residents; and SF City Option, a financial benefit program for San Francisco workers. Our product team works on a wide range of direct-to-consumer products and internal tools, working with in-house development teams on proprietary software, as well as with a range of vendors. Initiatives range from building participant portals to data interchanges and APIs to eligibility rules engines.
Our product management team is new and growing rapidly. We’re looking for an experienced manager with an interest in product operations to support the development of the product management practice and help us deliver outstanding user experiences for our program participants, staff, and community partners.
Skills and responsibilities
What you will do:
· Hire, mentor, coach, and supervise product managers.
· Develop and oversee product management processes and standards for triage, backlog grooming, user stories and requirements, agile releases, user acceptance testing, and product communications and marketing.
· Champion data-driven product practices and bring in tools and best practices to support product decision-making.
· Collaborate with senior leadership and product managers to develop roadmaps and product strategies.
· Formalize the role of product management by building out performance standards, roles and responsibilities, career paths, and onboarding tools.
· Manage vendor relationships with software vendors.
· Interface with key internal customers to drive alignment on product initiatives and ensure their needs are being addressed.
· Serve as product manager on high-priority or high-complexity projects, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· At least three years of experience as a product manager of software products, including experience writing user stories and requirements, conducting user testing, conducting user research, and managing backlogs.
· At least two years of people management experience, preferably of product managers or similar roles.
· Proven track record of managing complex products and building product roadmaps.
· Experience building, leading and developing a diverse team of high-performing product managers and teams.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication; ability to break complex topics down for different audiences.
· Ability to proactively identify problem areas and mobilize resources to solve them.
· Deeply collaborative and an excellent team player.
· Resilience and comfort with ambiguity.