Open Counter Enterprises Inc. is building the next generation of permitting and licensing software for state and local governments. The software helps residents navigate complicated permitting requirements, and helps city staff process applications more quickly.
The company grew out of a 2012 Code for America Fellowship, and was selected as a winner of the Knight News Challenge in 2013. Since then, we’ve scaled to 20+ states and process hundreds of thousands of permit applications each year.
In February of 2019, we were acquired by GTY Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:GTYH) to be part of the leading SaaS/cloud solution for state and local government.
OpenCounter is seeking a Director of Customer Success to build a new department in the company as we expand from 50 to 500 government clients over the next several years.
As the first member of the Customer Success team, the Director of Customer Success will help define what success means to our clients, and develop strategies to expand and deepen customer engagement, and reduce churn.
This includes proactively engaging with customers to educate them on how to best get value from OpenCounter products and services, ensuring customer issues are escalated and resolved appropriately, and recommending additional products or tiers of service that will provide maximum value to our customers. The role will collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Implementation, and Product, and will report directly to the CEO.
As the first member of the Customer Success team, you will wear many hats. Eventually, you will hire and manage additional team members.
Skills and responsibilities
- Increase product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define KPIs for customer success in order to forecast adoption, expansion, and risk of churn
- Refine our Customer Maturity Model (define the stages of customer maturity, and develop listening points and intervention points)
- Refine our Customer Success Plan (develop success metrics and segmentation)
- Define communication touchpoints with Accounts, Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Monitor and manage customer success against stated KPIs, Customer Maturity Model, and Customer Success Plan
- Educate customers on new features and functionality
- Provide routine check-ins to summarize platform performance and usage, and ensure that customers are getting the most out of the software
- Monitor staffing and political changes in our partner cities
- Provide insights to Sales on opportunities for upsells and renewals
- Provide insights to Marketing on opportunities for case studies and customer spotlights
- Provide insights to Product on requested product features and customer feedback
- Represent the voice of the customer internally to ensure that OpenCounter remains a highly customer-centric organization
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- 4+ years of customer-facing experience in customer success, account management, consulting or sales
- Experience working in or with public agencies (can include City, State Federal, Higher Ed and Public Health)
- Significant experience managing complexity and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience