NCEC Services is affiliated with the National Committee for an Effective Congress (http://www.ncec.org). We specialize in electoral analysis, strategy, targeting, and GIS services. We provide data and analysis widely used in progressive campaigns as a reliable measure of candidate support, persuadable voters, and demographic characteristics.
We are a small team with years of experience in redistricting and electoral analysis. For some staff members, this will be their third or fourth cycle of redistricting. And for others, it will be their first.
We are looking to bring a few more people on staff who we can train-up on internal best practices. Initially, most of the work will focus on data processing. But as the 2020 Census data gets released, our work will transition into a mix of data handling and analysis centered around redistricting.
Skills and responsibilities
- Work with other team members to collect and archive data from various sources including elections data, Census Bureau releases, and other related information
- Follow internal quality control processes to ensure accurate and precise information
- Analyze data and help to maintain and develop internal processes and tools
- Work collaboratively to manage projects from setup to analysis and delivery
- Help streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to metrics
- Other duties as assigned
Washington,DCLocated on Capitol Hill. Metro accessible from Eastern Market and Capitol South.
- Salary: , Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies as needs change
- Ability to work with others efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Interest in electoral politics and a commitment to progressive issues
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and professionally
- Attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess the initiative to work independently, follow through on projects and meet dead-lines
We prefer that applicants have experience with at least some of the following technologies:
- Google Sheets/Docs automation
- regular expressions
Prior experience with all of these technologies is not required and training will be provided for qualified hires.
NCEC Services strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
Interested candidates should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an introduction and resume.