Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Digital Transformer to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work closely with our clients to build-up their own capacity to deliver useful, usable, enduring, and secure digital services. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding: millions of people — from veterans to immigrants — depend on government services to fulfill their needs every day.
Your initial challenge will be to help transform how the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation designs, develops, and tests innovative healthcare payment and service delivery models. These models ultimately impact the quality of care that over 100 million Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries experience. And are supported by dozens of multidisciplinary product teams involving hundreds of practitioners.
What you’ll do:
- Advise and coach product delivery teams on how to effectively adopt key principles from the U.S. Digital Services Playbook (https://playbook.cio.gov/), such as focusing on user needs, delivering iteratively, and user modern technology stacks
- Advise and coach leaders and managers on how to adopt these principles across the entire organization in order to transform mission outcomes
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Strong software engineering background, and ideally product management as well
- Experience working with organizations, executives, and teams to think and be more digital
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture/)
- Ability to travel to Baltimore, Maryland from time to time
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Profit-sharing and/or bonus opportunities
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and more
- 401k match at 10% of your salary
- Unlimited paid time-off policy
- $2,000 continuing education allowance, including conference events
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage. (Read more about us being a HUBZone: https://skylight.digital/about/#hubzone.)
- Time to focus on activities such as learning & development, open-source projects, and community outreach
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- This job is remote friendly.