For over 30 years, we have stood by our unwavering belief that food is a basic human right. We distribute millions of healthy meals every year, and are on the forefront of new approaches to ending hunger and poverty.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop IT strategy to accomplish Food Bank strategic objectives using technological vision and leadership.
- Lead implementation of IT strategy to achieve Food Bank goals by coordinating the evaluation, recommendation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Lead evaluation of decisions related to technology standards, infrastructure, systems, policies, training, and communications.
- Develop the IT annual operating and capital budgets to align with the overall Food Bank budget. Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, contractors, purchasing, and development to achieve business goals
- Serve on the Food Bank’s Leadership Team. Implement a collaborative project prioritization process for organization-wide initiatives. Work closely with other departments to select and implement IT solutions.
- Manage a high level customer service oriented and collaborative IT department with 3 IT staff. Advocate for the IT team to other departments within the Food Bank.
- Strategically engage IT contractors, vendors, volunteers, and other IT professionals in the community to support the Food Bank in staying up to date on technological trends and best practices.
- Represent Food Bank to other Feeding America food banks, other nonprofits and donors.
- Manage IT activities and support to ensure computer systems, workstations, network, data availability and phone system with as little downtime as possible.
- Improve systems & data integration, data warehousing and reporting systems. Ensure that integrations between third party systems, internal systems and the data warehouse are developed and maintained as needed.
- Evaluate Food Bank’s business processes and IT systems to identify areas where new software or hardware can increase business efficiency, security, and reliability.
- Protect Food Bank assets: develop and maintain IT security and disaster recovery plans. Support data integrity and security. Respond to external audit findings.
- Plan and manage growth of the Food Bank’s mobile solutions (i.e. phones, laptops).
- Oversee software and hardware replacement schedule and license compliance requirements.
$120,551.00yearly, Based on 2019 Job Values
- Deadline: n/a
- 3+ years relevant work experience leading an organization-wide IT department.
- 5+ years managing 3 or more direct reports in an IT environment. Experience in team building, motivating and leadership.
- 5+ years successful experience in IT project management and managing new initiatives.
- 3+ years successful experience in negotiating and managing contracts with vendors and contractors.
- Ability to think strategically and develop and implement strategic business, technology and budget plans.
- Demonstrated continuous learning of current developments, best practices, policies, systems and equipment for the administration of an organization’s technology function.
- Experience in analyzing complex operational and information flow problems, reaching sound conclusions, researching and recommending multiple solutions, and communicating risks.
- Effective communication with teams and other stakeholders using writing and presentation skills to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, plan, organize and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience collaborating effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships.
- Demonstration of business acumen and good judgment
- Experience working in a Microsoft environment. Experience working with a variety of systems such as constituent relationship management (CRM), fundraising, enterprise accounting and inventory, warehousing, retail, and fleet routing.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment with a variety of stakeholders and with values deeply rooted in community a plus.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances.
This work is located in an open office environment and warehouse setting. Physical activities necessary in the performance of this job include: Sitting for prolonged periods, mobility to move throughout the Food Bank in performance of duties, walking, bending, stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds, and squatting. Ability to use a computer to accomplish the duties of the position, including writing and seeing. Ability to occasionally travel to local events and meetings. Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice in person and over the phone. Ability to interpret instructions/questions when asked. Excellent social skills to facilitate assignments.