Higg Co is a technology company that delivers, implements, and supports the Higg Index for consumer goods industries. Developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, the Higg Index is a suite of tools that enables brands, retailers, and facilities of all sizes — at every stage in their sustainability journey — to accurately measure and score a company or product’s sustainability performance. The Higg Index delivers a holistic overview that empowers businesses to make meaningful improvements that protect the well-being of factory workers, local communities, and the environment.
Higg Co is seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources, to oversee all aspects of HR for a growing global technology company with over 30 employees and consultant
The Senior Manager, Human Resources will report to the COO and will serve as the primary point person for all employment-related matters across the organization and lead the development of key infrastructure of a new start up. S/he will ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations regarding employment issues; serve as primary liaison to our national and global PEO and systems; manage all new employee on-boarding; oversee payroll and benefits; develop and administer Higg’s employee performance management program; and maintain Higg’s written policies and procedures for all aspects of its operations, including Higg’s office manuals, employee handbooks. Most importantly, the Senior Manager, Human Resources will support and foster job satisfaction and employee happiness at Higg Co.
Skills and responsibilities
- Implement and manage employment policies, standards and procedures globally
- Maintain employee contracts and employment policies globally
- Manage employee payroll and benefit plans in the US and globally
- Serve as liaison with external providers of benefits and benefits-related services
- Manage the recruiting and on-boarding process
- Help develop and support a collaborative, creative, and fun global office culture for a primarily remote workforce
- Further develop and manage Higg Co’s performance review process
- Serve as the in-house expert on HR legal matters in the US and other countries
- Develop and implement global payroll and benefit administration for a growing international staff
- Manage US based and international professional employer organization (PEO) for Higg Co
- Flexible to work early or late hours and travel globally to support Higg Co’s clientbase of global organizations
San Francisco,CALocation Flexible
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of human resource experience
- Experience in payroll, benefits admin, and human resources management
- International HR experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with payroll systems desired
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels across the organization
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Enjoys a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated professional or personal interest in social and labor issues and/or environmental sustainability
- Solid computer and business software skills in most major platforms: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, Asana, Dropbox, Google Apps. Advanced Excel Skills preferred.
- Experience working with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.