Higg Co is a technology company that delivers, implements, and supports the Higg Index for consumer goods industries. Developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, the Higg Index is a suite of tools that enables brands, retailers, and facilities of all sizes — at every stage in their sustainability journey — to accurately measure and score a company or product’s sustainability performance. The Higg Index delivers a holistic overview that empowers businesses to make meaningful improvements that protect the well-being of factory workers, local communities, and the environment.
Higg Co is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI)/Data analyst that will help us aggregate and analyze our data to monitor business health, make daily business decisions and identify strategic opportunities. The data/BI analyst will report into the COO but will work across the entire organization supporting reporting and projects in marketing, client services, operations and finance.
Skills and responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing and monitoring key reporting dashboards and running ad-hoc reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and recommend - if needed - tools or software to be used in the generation of automated and independent reports, with a recurrent frequency or upon request.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all reports while documenting your methodology.
- Extract and process data files as needed; ensure necessary data is available to produce key reports.
- Use data to identify problems and opportunities and assist the company in making decisions or finding solutions to address
- Support budgeting and forecasting, financial and operational modeling, and pricing
- Flexible to work early or late hours and travel globally to support Higg Co’s clientbase of global organizations
San Francisco,CALocation Flexible
- Deadline: n/a
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree
- Ideally, you’ve worked 3+ years in a data analytics or business information role
- Prior team experience in a remote work environment required
- Ability to present and synthesis complex data for various levels within the organization from individual contributors to senior leaders
- You are a critical thinker. You enjoy deriving new insights from data and helping others to use data to make better business decisions.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable navigating ambiguity in your role. You can be scrappy when the need arises and are a committed team player.
- You possess exceptional analytical skills.
- You have advanced excel skills as well as proficiency in SQL, one or more BI tools, and one or more databases (SQL Server)
- You have strong working knowledge of data modeling, warehousing, relational and non-relational storage
- Attention to detail is in your nature. You are not one to leave t’s uncrossed.
- Experience in a technology/SaaS organization within a fast-paced growing environment is a plus.