Do you want to do the best work of your life? Are you motivated to solve some of the most challenging problems in our country? Are you passionate about helping disadvantaged communities get access to the services they need and have their voices heard?
Come join a highly-committed team of amazing people who are building tools to enable government and nonprofits better help low-income people.
CommunityConnect Labs is a fast-growing technology social enterprise that provides technology and consulting to some of the most innovative local governments and large nonprofits in America. Our team are exceptional leaders in this field. Our work has been featured in the New York Times and at Data for Good. We provide mobile communication solutions for government and service providers to engage residents, provide information and services digitally.
We seek a Senior Engineer to lead our engineering team building innovative mobile technology products and solutions for government programs such as the Census, Homelessness, and Job Training,
We are a group of Stanford, UPenn, Wellesley, and Harvard grads. The issues that we tackle - ensure a fair 2020 census, job training, homelessness, essential human services - are challenging. The work is fast-paced, and the opportunities for learning and impact is unlimited.
If you want to make progress happen, we welcome you to apply to this job.
- An amazing opportunity to make a concrete, tangible difference in people's lives. You can enable innovative cities, counties, and nonprofits provide better services for low-income people at scale
- An opportunity to solve some of the hardest problems in this country
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of smart, engaged colleagues
- Flexibility on work hours/schedule
- Health insurance
- Lead a team of Software Engineers and QA Engineers in Agile development methodologies
- Work with Product to understand business requirements and prioritize team backlog
- Analyze defects and stories and guide team members to completion
- Analyze existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharts, perform coding, and test/debug programs.
Location: Anywhere in the US
We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits including health benefits and professional development opportunities.
We are impatient changemakers. The work is challenging and fast-paced. The hours are long and we expect the highest quality of work from ourselves.
We offer you the flexibility to make daily choices that can help you to be healthy, centered, and productive. We are a mission-driven company where you can do your best, most important work for society. We continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where our people's talents are nourished and can shine.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission.
Skills and responsibilities
You will be responsible for leading the design, development, modification, and evaluation of technology solutions:
- Interface with Product Managers to determine key requirements (30%)
- Work with Engineering, QA and Ops teams to identify and resolve code issues (25%)
- Design and develop full-stack application business logic using Python, NodeJS, AngularJS, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, XML and other related technologies (25%)
- Administrative activities (people management, staffing, etc.) (20%)
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
5+ years’ experience in software engineering
Python, NodeJS, AngularJS, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, CSS, XML
Previous work with Twilio’s APIs and platform