At Turnout (www.turnout.link), we are a collaborative workspace that believes in the power that young people can have when they are civically engaged. We believe that everyone should be able to access their activist potential, and that communication creates power. We hope to make the world just, fair and equitable for all, by engaging young people in our democracy.
We frequently collaborate with other progressive organizations and in addition to our partnerships team, we have a diverse advisory board of nine experts: Bruno de Carvalho, Hon. Eileen C Donahoe, Adam Lavine, Jerry Michalski, Matt Mitchell, Nathaniel Pearlman, Justin Reich, Sonal Shah, & Cristina Tzintzun Ramirez.
We are looking for a highly skilled mission driven full stack mobile engineer to build Turnout’s mobile app. The ideal candidate will be located in the United States and have an interest in non-profit tech, youth activism, the progressive movement and/or civic engagement. The full stack mobile engineer will be responsible for the entire application lifecycle including design (from wireframes), test, release and support. In addition to understanding all stages of app development, the full stack mobile engineer will be required to have good organizational skills and attention to detail. The full stack mobile engineer will have the opportunity to work with senior leadership, and our advisory board of experts in civic technology and organizing.
Skills and responsibilities
- Architect and implement the Turnout online platform
- Build and maintain the Turnout mobile application
- Prototype and iterate on new and experimental features, both for server and clients
- Keep up with emerging trends in UI design and engineering best practices
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , Competitive salary
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Bsc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Extensive knowledge about mobile app development, from the first line of code to publishing in the app stores
- Knowledge of the Android and IOS UI/UX patterns
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Backend web services knowledge
- Full-stack web development
- API design and development
- RESTful Services
- Familiarity with GPS
- Familiarity with integration to existing social media platforms