Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Delivery Manager to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
Your initial engagement will be with the State of Connecticut, which is one of the first state & local governments undertaking an organizational-wide digital transformation. The initial focus of this transformation is on improving services related to serving the needs of children and families. These services range from reducing infant deaths to improving early childhood development.
Our job is to help jumpstart and accelerate the State of Connecticut’s transformation through high-impact activities such as:
- Identifying and prioritizing which services to improve through user experience research and technical discovery
- Creating a comprehensive, flexible roadmap for change to guide decisions and actions around service improvement, policymaking, and budgeting
- Instituting new digital policies & standards (for example, API standards)
- Developing and empowering digital talent throughout the state government (for example, via recruiting, training, and coaching)
- Executing on tightly-scoped delivery projects to set the foundation for broad-based change, as well as demonstrate the art of the possible
What you’ll do:
- Translate the client’s objectives and constraints into an engagement approach that will deliver a unique experience and impactful results in the shortest amount of time possible
- Assemble a multi-disciplinary team of experts from a variety of sources, including Skylight and other subcontractors, to deliver the engagement
- Manage multiple projects aimed at delivering transformation or a specific product using the appropriate methodologies (for example, Scrum or Kanban)
- Set up the team for successful delivery by removing obstacles, coaching them on how to become more collaborative and self-organizing, and enabling the work they do rather than impose how it’s done
- Conduct retrospectives with both the client and Skylight team to learn what is and isn’t working well, and formulate and implement improvement actions
- Provide management- and team-level visibility into the status and health of the engagement
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing complex client delivery projects, breaking down barriers to the team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the details to make things happen when needed
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture/)
- Ability to travel to Hartford, Connecticut frequently
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Profit-sharing and/or bonus opportunities
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and more
- 401k match at 10% of your salary
- Unlimited paid time-off policy
- $2,000 continuing education allowance, including conference events
- Time to focus on activities such as learning & development, open-source projects, and community outreach
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
- Potential for relocation assistance if willing to move to a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map). (Read more about us being a HUBZone: https://skylight.digital/about/#hubzone.)
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a