The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is using technology to help solve some of our toughest challenges — from preventing and eradicating disease, to improving learning experiences for kids, to reforming the criminal justice system.
As a Senior Software Engineer, for the Criminal Justice program of the Justice & Opportunity Initiative, you will build technology products for communities, advocates, and practitioners within the criminal justice system. In this role you will help set the early foundation for a suite of criminal justice products. The suite of products will include:
- Tools to support reform-minded prosecutors and improve prosecutorial decision-making
- Applications to support our growing portfolio of second chances work, including our recently announced Clean Slate agenda.
Furthermore, you will provide technical leadership in partnership with Measures for Justice, academic researchers, and practitioners to design and launch an open data platform to help advance research, advocacy, and accountability for criminal justice reform. Read more about how CZI is thinking about the intersection of criminal justice and technology.
- Deadline: n/a
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, and shell scripts
- Experience with front-end web development technologies (familiarity with Django is a plus)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following areas a plus: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining, artificial intelligence, filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Proven ability to independently define project requirements and ship products
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of coding projects
- Build ad-hoc technology tools for external partners
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and build effective project roadmap