At Bloom, we partner with state and local governments to design and build digital services. We make government work like we all think it should, fix services that have become siloed or ineffective, and increase the digital muscle of the organizations we work with so they have the capacity to build and own their own tech futures.
We’ve partnered with the State of Connecticut to build and improve services critical to families with young children, and stand up a digital service team ready to roll with projects that will most improve services for high needs populations. We’re working with the Department of Administrative Services and the Office of Early Childhood to make Connecticut a shining example of what’s possible when we build (or rebuild) services from citizen’s needs upwards.
In this role, you will
- Lead a cross functional team of designers, developers, and subject matter experts to build and ship products and services. This includes holding daily standups, managing retrospective meetings, and providing weekly updates.
- Define vision, goals, and measures for success for a portfolio of products and services
- Translate needs from users and government partners into an overall vision and product roadmap
- Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for product initiatives with the team and government partners
- Work in close partnership with government teams to transfer skill and product knowledge throughout the course of the project
- Define the direction, scope, and priority of projects, building from user research to minimum viable products to scalable solutions
- Creatively navigate bureaucratic challenges, paving the way for more intuitive processes in the future
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure compatibility with existing processes and technologies
- Draw on data and feedback to inform the product and service vision.
Skills and responsibilities
What we’re looking for:
- Experience shipping products in an agile environment.
- Passion for creating simple, elegant user experiences.
- Deep understanding of user centered design methods, iterative development, and usability best practices.
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Previous experience with building or managing enterprise level products is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Relationship builder who enjoys working with a variety of people and functions. You should be able to listen, ask questions to discern the true nature of problems, and synthesize needs (from internal and external stakeholders) into an actionable product roadmap.
- Extensive experience using analytical and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints.
- Preference given to candidates with knowledge of product management technologies and best practices (e.g. Trello, GitHub).
Philadelphia,PARemote with occasional trips to Hartford, CT
- This job is remote friendly.
At least three years of professional experience as a product manager on a cross functional team.