Social Interest Solutions is a non-profit on a bold mission: to remove the barriers between people and the services and support that matter most. We are policy experts and technologists, determined leaders and compassionate innovators, united by our desire to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems in access to health and social services. We create technology solutions that put people first.
Social Interest Solutions employees dig deep into how our clients work and the challenges faced by the people they serve, so we can streamline complicated processes and design smart solutions that work better for everyone. At SIS, every employee has a role in ensuring that nobody falls through the cracks. We put people and their unique needs at the center of what we do. Each client we work with is different, and each community they aim to serve unique, so our technology must flex to each opportunity.
The Senior Documentation Specialist is responsible for creating the written artifacts that document technical intentions within the Technology and Design team. These span a range from system architecture diagrams and functional specifications to end user documentation and executive presentations. This role is a step beyond a technical writer, in part because it will require creating technical drawing and documentation for systems and architectures that are still in the early stages of design and development.
Skills and responsibilities
- Ability to identify technical specification and documentation of the innovations and designs underway within the Strategy and Innovation team.
- Work closely with the Design and Architecture teams to capture consensus concept and designs and commit those to documents that can be shared, reviewed, and modified and a firm implementation plan evolves.
- Create “record of consensus” for technical implementation projects and documentation for innovations as they have been completed.
- Prepare, present and communicate materials less tangible, still-formative concepts and intentions to internal teams, senior leadership, potential clients, and end-user beneficiaries.
- Document infrastructure and systems architecture ensuring which systems (servers, VMs, external services) are connected and interact.
· Other duties as assigned
- Deadline: n/a
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience with progressive responsibility in technical documentation and/or technical design.
- MAC user experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with multiple documentations software systems, including Word, PowerPoint, Visio and/or InDesign, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, and basic HTML.
- Experience with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Experience with the use of mobile interfaces (both iOS and Android) in enterprise environments
- Ability to “cross-translate” and communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical people
- Self-starter, proactive, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and exercise initiative
- Impose structure on unstructured discourse
- Minimum Associates Degree in technical writing or equivalent experience or 3-5 years of work experience in a related field.