The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation’s hardest challenges. We provide the end-to-end technical services for the applications and data which enable FBI Special Agents and Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. We want you to join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of the threat by delivering on software and data’s potential.
As a Software Engineer, you are focused on all processes of the software development lifecycle, including collecting and analyzing system requirements, evaluating viable options, designing and developing solutions, testing and quality assurance, and configuration and change management.
Technology & Skills:
· Understanding software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns), including strong programming and analytical skills, and demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills necessary, in determining the root cause of a software defect or technical issue.
· Excellent understanding of the Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) concepts and ability to develop software using Java, C++, Python.
· Familiarity with alternative database technologies such as ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) as found in many relational database management systems, and BASE (Basic Availability, Soft-state, and Eventual consistency) as found in many NoSQL database management systems.
· Experience in software engineering development methodologies including agile, scrum, and Kanban.
· Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks in parallel; operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment; comprehend and analyze complex technical problems; and quickly identify and implement solutions to address those problems. You should be able to solve small problems in ways that positively affect the big picture.
· Experience with applying cloud services as integral components of larger solutions, and have a demonstrated ability to brief Cloud concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and advocate for customers.
· Ability to understand and explain business logic and technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Washington,DCMay require up to 5 days of travel a year.
- Deadline: n/a
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance-Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Must meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.