Each year, local U.S. governments waste $300B on purchasing inefficiencies.
Procurement inefficiencies waste taxpayer dollars. They’re also missed opportunities to make government better, nurture American businesses, and build stronger communities.
CoProcure is an early stage venture-backed startup optimizing public purchasing by helping local agencies share contracts. We’re building a marketplace of competitively-bid contracts that can be reused by government buyers, saving time and taxpayer dollars and reducing the cost of selling to governments for businesses. We’re backed by Leadout Capital and Neo. Join us as we improve public purchasing to reinvest billions of dollars into our communities where they matter most.
Our founding team has domain expertise in local government and front-end engineering. Local governments in the Portland, OR and Kansas City, MO metro areas are already using the first version of our product, and we recently raised capital.
Mariel Reed previously worked in the San Francisco Mayor’s Office, where she scaled Startup in Residence to a national program connecting tech startups and dozens of local U.S. governments. She was an early employee at Coursera, where she 5x'd the company's users in Asia. She graduated top of her class from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service and is fluent in Mandarin.
Aaron Hans is a full stack web developer with experience defining frontend architecture across high-traffic music, gaming, and real estate applications. He’s an active civic-hacker; his most recent project with Open Oakland, an interactive visualization of safe drinking water data, won a CA state award. He’s an East Bay native and enjoys taking his small children skateboarding, snowboarding, and kiting.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We’re recruiting a product-minded, entrepreneurial backend software engineer to build the country’s largest dataset of government contracts and create the first eCommerce experience for local government purchasers. As our first engineering hire, you’ll have a large amount of autonomy, ownership in the product’s development, and leadership responsibility.
Skills and responsibilities
- Plan, build, and manage a robust (and increasingly automated) pipeline to ingest millions of government contracts
- Augment the dataset behind our search index to increase search relevance
- Collaborate to identify and prioritize the most impactful improvements to our product
- Salary: , Combined salary and equity compensation
- Deadline: n/a
- 5+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience delivering quality code on the backend
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in database/schema design
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Passion for impact
- Experience building products that organize and/or analyze large amounts of data
- Desire to grow into a management role
- Interest in helping to recruit more talented individuals to our growing team