FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out of the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
The Product Design Fellow will be part of the Technology team housed within the Community Department, whose mission is to build and engage the supporter base needed to affect policy change. The Product Design Fellow will report to the Product Manager.
- Learn to support different product and technologies using wordpress, google analytics, and salesforce across FWD.us’ two issues and multiple states, assisting with product management, testing, quality assurance, data management, and performance reporting.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes.
- Understand and analyze user needs.
- Help refine product strategy.
- Assist in user research and its application to product design.
- Work closely with multiple teams and departments and gain first-hand experience across multiple verticals and issue-areas.
- Be part of a team responsible for building products and technology tools in real time to fast-moving political events at the state and local level.
Skills and responsibilities
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal, and visual.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Multi-tasker who can manage high workflow/multiple projects without sacrificing quality
- Innovative and critical thinker.
- Problem-solver motivated to launch, iterate, and try new solutions
- Passionate about joining a team dedicated to achieving policy wins at the state and national levels
Able to share a portfolio demonstrating relevant product capabilities.