About Strava Metro
Strava Metro’s mission is to empower communities to make active transportation more accessible, efficient and safe for everyone. Organizations involved in the planning process use Metro to gain insights about the mobility patterns of the people they serve, discover opportunities for investment and evaluate the impact of their work. As a member of the team you’ll help further Strava’s mission of creating positive, tangible social impact around the world.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. Over 80% of our users are international. Every day, we're searching for new ways to inspire athletes and make the sports they love even more fun. But it's not only about achieving – we're an inclusive team, dedicated to elevating each other and the members of our community. That balanced approach has helped us revolutionize our industry, and we're just getting started. Millions of athletes are on Strava, millions more will come. When you're ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Sigma Partners, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of enthusiastic and avid athletes. By joining our team, you will help push the Strava experience forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our users every day. You will make an impact. Join us
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Strava has a healthy and growing Metro subscription business, one that has tremendous growth opportunity as our customers grow and as we continue to develop, optimize, and market Strava Metro products. The Strava Metro team is growing its reach and engagement with public agency customers, such as transportation agencies, cities, counties and states, and acquiring customers in adjacent sectors. We are looking for a proven sales leader to introduce Metro Enterprise to these customers in North America. This position is the perfect opportunity for a self-starter who is comfortable working across the full sales cycle, from new business prospecting to close. You will be directly responsible for delivering on a significant proportion of the Metro sales pipeline and helping scale the team’s impact across the continent. As this is a new role for the team, you will also have the opportunity to shape and grow your responsibilities, and set up the team for further growth in the future.
Skills and responsibilities
What You'll Do
- Source / create sales opportunities within North America, including major metropolitan areas, cities, states, and countries
- Use a mix of consultative sales presentations and in-person selling to maximize opportunity generation from target accounts
- Qualify inbound sales leads and assess their suitability for the Metro sales pipeline
- Promote Strava Metro and be a champion of using Metro solutions in North America
- Establish connections to key stakeholders through effective prospecting and networking in targeted public agencies
- Travel approximately 50% of the time to visit a diverse range of prospective public agency client accounts across North America
- Liaise with government procurement / legal offices and Strava legal to negotiate contracts
- An exceptional track record of KPI and revenue overachievement against quarterly and annual targets
- Proven experience of building a book of business by identifying new Enterprise customers and Partnership opportunities
- 4+ years' recent experience closing sales in Enterprise SaaS or other B2B technologies
- A demonstrable track record of running deals with long sales cycles, ideally 6 months+, including the use of solution-based sales strategies
- Experience hunting new business and a demonstrable track record in closing multi year ARR
- Excellent time and territory management skills across a diverse range of prospects, strategically planning sales calls and managing follow-ups with prospects, clients, colleagues and management
- Strong interest and understanding of the transportation, public agency and government market, and a passion for equitable, non motorized transit and sustainable urban development
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com, HubSpot or similar to manage pipeline and provide outlook and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented sales environment with remote colleagues
- Superb interpersonal communication, negotiation, presentation and writing skills
New York,NYSan Francisco HQ
- This job is remote friendly.
4+ years' recent experience closing sales