Code for America is a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work in cross-functional teams, collaboratively and agilely and value high-quality, user-friendly work product. We strive to learn from everything we do and regularly host talks from leaders in the civic technology movement. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
The Program Manager will also support the larger Code for America Network and Brigade Program and will report to the Senior Talent Manager. This role is a full-time position that can be based in San Francisco, Ca or remotely.
Code for America is hiring a Program Manager for our Community Fellowship Program. The Fellowship is a cornerstone of Code for America’s vision to make government work for the people, by the people, in the digital age. The program pairs passionate technologists, designers, user-researchers, or product managers -- who are dedicating six months of their life -- with cities looking to bring their local government into the digital age and develop solutions to important problems facing their most vulnerable residents using good digital service delivery.
The ideal candidate is a professor, a counselor, a cheerleader, and a connector all rolled into one. The Fellowship Program Manager must have strong organizational and management skills to keep the program on track and guide the fellows through a rigorous and complex training program to deliver both tangible and systems-change results to City partners by the conclusion of the program.
Skills and responsibilities
- Sets strategic and programmatic goals for the program including content curation and program schedule
- Provides support and direction to the Fellowship teams and Fellows including program evaluation, personal satisfaction and career growth opportunities
- Manages the communication and relationships with City partners in the Fellowship including program evaluation and program satisfaction
- Successfully delivers a product or project to our City partners at the conclusion of the program
- Manages process for Fellow recruitment and selection
- Helps manage the process for City selection
- Help inform and manage cross-program integration
- Develop and execute mentorship program for fellows, alumni, and issue experts
- Develop and manage resources for governments and fellows that helps spread best practices;
- Lead fellowship storytelling and reporting, including case studies, blog posts and other collateral
- Plan and execute fellow and alumni events, site visits, and recruitment trips
Oakland,CATravel up to 50% of the time.
- This job is remote friendly.
$70,000.00-$90,000.00yearly, New hires can usually expect to start at median of salary range.
- Strong leader with the ability to inspire a team of diverse individuals
- A background in program & curriculum development and management
- Strong organizational skills including process management
- Tech savvy with a knowledge of lean methodologies
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Adept at moving between the strategic and tactical
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment