Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) is the largest democratic socialist organization in the United States and has experienced massive growth over the past two years. We now have 56,000+ members and over 200 groups in 50 states and the District of Columbia engaged in movement-building, public education, direct action, advocacy, and electoral politics. Our goal is to build multi-racial working class power and win transformative reforms like Medicare for All, protect programs like Medicaid expansion at the state level, support a stronger labor movement, and elect socialists to office, all while shifting the public framing around capitalism and democratic socialism.
This position will report to Operations Director and supervise the Database Coordinator
Technology Support & Management
- Receive tech support requests from national staff and effectively troubleshoot issues based on organizing or infrastructure needs, or recommend alternatives
- Oversee and be in regular communication with the national volunteer Tech Committee
- Develop and maintain Project Schedules and Manage Project Status Reporting: Prepare status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues
- Deploy new technology solutions across the organization
- Act as the organization’s webmaster, maintaining web assets and overseeing domain management, web hosting, security, and CMS
- Conduct training sessions and develop teaching materials for propagating software applications knowledge throughout the organization
- Ensure proper use of and inventory tracking of hardware and software
- Advise on new technology purchases
- Assist in the maintenance of, use, and implementation of organization-wide information systems and platforms
- Set up, configure and distribute laptops to new staff, and ensure all staff members’ files are regularly backed up
- Communicate with vendors to ensure technical assistance is provided under the existing purchase agreements and/or arrange for additional support when needed
- Maintain documentation for identified technological risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gather and update risk status and documentation as needed
- Monitor health of web servers and websites including malware, traffic, load balancing, and other resources; manage server backup, websites backup and database backup; perform restore from backups for servers, websites, and databases.
- Alert Organizing and Operations Directors to emerging trends and best practices in organizing technology, data security, and cloud infrastructure
- Update and maintain data management and data privacy policies
- Recommend and implement digital security protocols and systems for national office, national priority committees, national working groups, and chapters
- Analyze how we currently use technology to organize, evaluate needs from priority committees, national working groups, and chapters on an ongoing basis
- Recommend best practices, and develop standard operating procedures
- Work with entire staff to automate processes as much as possible
- Continue to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency
- Develop and maintain documentation on all supported systems to support knowledge transfer across staff and the organization
- Assist with other duties as needed.
- This job is remote friendly.
$65,000.00-$75,000.00yearly, We offer employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their spouse/partner and/or dependent children, and three weeks of vacation in the first year of employment, then four weeks each year thereafter.
- 4 years working experience in a relevant field
- Expert technical knowledge of and practical experience working with the following applications and services:
- ActionKit CRM
- WordPress CMS
- Intermediate technical and user-end experience working with the following applications and services:
- Track record writing HTML code and SQL code
- Experience implementing digital security protocols
- Must have ability to present ideas with technical language in a user-friendly manner
- Strong organization and prioritization skills. Ability to develop and implement strong systems
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport, listening, and problem solving. Collaborative spirit and a team oriented player
- Able to independently advance work towards goals without significant oversight from manager and to occasionally travel