The MBTA Customer Technology team is working to transform how people get around the Boston area. We’re a small but mighty team of designers, engineers and content specialists charged with bringing novel ideas, modern standards and a user-centered approach to technology on the T. As the MBTA works to reinvent itself, we have a rare opportunity to shape the future of transportation for Boston and communities all around Eastern Massachusetts, as well as blaze a trail for other transit agencies around the country. We’re always looking for people to join the team who are passionate about improving the daily transportation experience for our 400 million annual riders. Does this sound like you? Then please read on.
The MBTA Customer Technology team seeks an experienced Head of Product to define and execute our vision for digital products, and to build the principles and practices that make up the department’s product focus. You’ll lead the vision for digital products, hire and lead product staff, manage the product roadmap, set the processes and standards by which we make product decisions and measure our success, and work with the head of CTD to update department structure for improved product focus. To be the right candidate for this role, you’ll need to be an accomplished senior product manager or engineer with a history of shipping complex web and mobile products at scale; you will have hired up and managed large product teams; and you’ll have plenty of experience working with senior leadership within large organizations. Experience in transportation, operations, hardware, or industrial design a plus.
Skills and responsibilities
- Define the product vision for MBTA digital products, including both customer-facing products and products focused on transit operations, reflecting a customer focus and the agency’s strategic goals.
- Collaborate with the Head of Customer Technology to update CTD structure and strategy to most effectively deliver customer-focused improvements.
- Manage a team of PMs who are each responsible for a part of an effective digital strategy, successful program delivery, and driving outcome metrics.
- Maintain a product operating model that defines key PM standards and practices, including planning deliverables.
- Set metrics for success based on agency goals and user research.
- Manage process by which ideas for new initiatives are evaluated and prioritized.
- Salary: , Flexible based on experience