Callisto is a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization that creates technology to combat sexual assault, empower survivors, and advance justice. Specifically, we create websites that make it easier for sexual assault survivors to report and name their assailant and enable the detection of repeat sexual offenders. We also connect survivors to attorneys who advise them on their options to seek justice. We are funded by earned revenue from partner institutions and by philanthropic supporters, including Google.org, Y Combinator, Greylock Partners, and the Skoll Foundation.
We are a rapidly growing and powerful team, united in the belief that we can create a more safe and just world.
Callisto seeks an experienced, mission-driven leader to serve as our Director of Marketing & Communications. Our brand, communications, and marketing are essential for our long-term ability to combat sexual assault and support survivors. As our Director of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for crafting and executing a strategy that will build trust with survivors, inspire funders, attract talent and allies, and motivate partners. You will craft and tell our story to a diverse group of stakeholders in a rapidly shifting media context.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop communications and marketing strategies aligned with organizational goals and targeted for key stakeholders
- Implement these plans, creating much of the original content yourself
- Evaluate the effectiveness of these plans and collateral, and iterate on the strategy and collateral to maximize impact
- Ensure all externally-facing organizational communications Callisto produces are high quality, on brand, and on message
- Respond to mentions of Callisto in the media, press inquiries, inbound communications across multiple channels (including social media), and craft a plan to streamline this response
- Build and manage a team to support your work (employees, contractors, and firms)
San Francisco,CASan Francisco Preferred, Open to Remote
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , DOE
- Deadline: n/a
- 7+ years of marketing and communications experience
- A strong track record of being able to both create and implement communications and marketing strategies
- Experience with a wide range of mediums
- Strategic, analytical, and creative
- Excellent writer and editor with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with PR / media relations and / or crisis management
- Able to accurately represent and interpret complex data and concepts in a way that will be understood by general audiences
- Able to empathetically communicate with sexual assault survivors
- Management of multiple and complex projects simultaneously